Creamy breakfast barley with bananas and dried cranberries
Lupus Foundation of America
For a super-fast breakfast, prepare this meal the night before. Just add 1/4 cup of milk and reheat in microwave.
Creamy Breakfast Barley with Bananas and Dried Cranberries Recipe
Total Time45 minutes
- 1/4 cup medium barley, uncooked
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp dried cranberries (craisins)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 banana, sliced
- Combine barley, milk and brown sugar in heavy saucepan. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add cranberries; simmer an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and sliced banana. Serve immediately (or refrigerate to reheat later).
Per serving: 408 calories; 15 g protein; 85 g carbohydrate; 11 g fiber; 2 g fat; 0.7 g saturated fat; 135 mg sodium.