This chili is spicy enough to be interesting, yet mild enough for sensitive stomachs. If you like it hotter, just add more chili powder. This recipe makes three quarts. Serve it to a crowd, or freeze the leftovers.
One-Pot Chili Recipe
Total Time55 minutes
- Vegetable oil spray
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 2 onions, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (about 1 cup)
- Two 16-ounce cans dark red kidney beans
- One 28-ounce can no-salt-added crushed tomatoes
- One 14-ounce can no-salt-added whole tomatoes
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried sweet basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- Spray bottom of heavy soup kettle with vegetable oil spray.
- Add ground sirloin and chopped onions, and brown on medium heat.
- Add remainder of ingredients. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 45 minutes, allowing flavors to reach their peak.
Per serving: 241 calories; 18 g protein; 32 g carbohydrate; 11 g fiber; 5 g fat; 1.7 g saturated fat; 289 mg sodium.