Sole and asparagus in raspberry chive sauce
Lupus Foundation of America
Even non-fish eaters will love this dish, thanks to its bold flavor that mixes raspberries, orange juice and chives.
Sole and Asparagus in Raspberry Chive Sauce Recipe
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound fresh or frozen sole, cut into four pieces
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, ends broken off and sliced diagonally into 1-inch slices
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries (thawed)
- 2 to 4 Tbsp orange juice (depending on #hickness of sauce desired); start with 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 4 Tbsp chopped chives
- Heat olive oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add sole and asparagus pieces. Cook about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients in food processor or blender.
- After fish and asparagus have cooked 5 to 7 minutes, reduce heat and pour sauce over top. Cover and simmer 3 to 4 minutes, then serve.
Per serving: 194 calories; 25 g protein; 14 g carbohydrate; 6 g fiber; 5.3 g fat; 0.8 g saturated fat; 94 mg sodium.