Health Insurance Marketplace
Through the Health Insurance Marketplace, individuals, families and small businesses can learn about their health coverage options; compare health insurance plans based on costs, benefits, and other important features; choose a plan, and enroll in coverage. The Marketplace also includes information on programs that help people pay for coverage, including ways to save on monthly premiums and out-of-pocket costs, and other programs like Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP). The Marketplace is an important health insurance option for people with lupus to consider because people with pre-existing conditions can have access to insurance through the Marketplace. Individuals can apply for coverage online, by phone or with a paper application.
- Visit healthcare.gov for more information on the Marketplace
- Quick guide to the Health Insurance Marketplace
- Essential health benefits covered by Marketplace health insurance plans
- Frequently asked questions about health reform and the Health Insurance Marketplace from the Kaiser Family Foundation
- Find the Marketplace in your state
- List of state decisions on creating a Marketplace and expanding Medicaid