The Lupus Foundation of America (the Foundation) welcomes and encourages you and your family to use this website to find and share information about lupus.
Medical Disclaimer / Words of Caution
We provide information (content) on our websites with the understanding that the Foundation is not engaged in rendering medical advice or recommendation. We make this information available for educational and informational purposes only, and as a benefit and service in furtherance of our mission. The information we publish is no substitute for expert medical care, and should not replace necessary consultation with a qualified healthcare professional who is familiar with your medical condition and health status. Always consult with your doctor or healthcare professional before making any change to your medical care.
Disclaimer of Warranty
The Lupus Foundation of America and its respective agents and representatives, both individually and collectively, make no representations with respect to the contents hereof and specifically disclaim any other warranties, including but not limited to implied or express warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular usage, application or process.
© 2013-2017 Lupus Foundation of America, Inc. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use is prohibited. Unless otherwise noted, the Foundation asserts a copyright for all of the information that appears on any of our websites and/or in all of our publications. This information is protected by United States of America (U.S.) and international copyright laws and may not be reproduced in whole or in part by persons, organizations or corporations without the prior written permission of an authorized official of the Foundation’s National Office.
Fair Use Exception
Unless otherwise noted, users of our websites may make fair use of our copyrighted content without our permission, but only in accordance with the fair use factors set forth in Section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Act. Users also may make a single copy of our content to be used by the user for personal and noncommercial uses which do not harm the reputation of the Foundation, provided that the user does not remove any trademarks, copyright and any other notice contained within the content, and gives proper credit to the Foundation as the source. Users may link to content published on our website in accordance with our Links Policy. Members of the news media may include short excerpts of information from our website in stories about lupus. Please cite the Lupus Foundation of America as the source of the information.
The links that appear on our websites provide content that might be of interest to our visitors. We are not responsible for the material published on other websites to which we have established links, and establishing a link does not constitute an endorsement of that material.
The Foundation permits links to its websites* from other websites that meet the following conditions:
- Links to the our website must be for educational purposes only to increase public and professional awareness and understanding of lupus, its symptoms, health effects and treatments, and the Foundation’s mission and programs.
- Links may be "text-only." For example: "Lupus Foundation of America". We do not allow our stylized logos, trademarks, or service marks to appear on other websites, or as an image link to our website, without our written permission.
- Websites may not frame pages from our website. All links must open in a new browser window.
- Websites that link to us may not provide directive medical advice, unless its authors are licensed to provide such information. We also do not permit links from websites that provide information about products related to the treatment of lupus or its symptoms and health effects, without our permission.
- We do not allow links from websites that contain information we believe is inaccurate, misleading, out-of-date, offensive, inflammatory, libelous, or inappropriate. A link to our website may not be positioned in a way to imply that a representative of the Foundation has reviewed, approved or endorsed the information that appears on another website. However, we are not responsible for information or claims published on any website that links to us.
- We do not allow links to our website to appear with links to other websites that do not meet our guidelines.
The Foundation reserves the right to deny permission to link to its website without cause, liability or explanation. Failure to remove links when requested may result in legal proceedings and civil penalties.
The Lupus Foundation of America, Inc. claims the following trademarks and service marks: BAND TOGETHER FOR LUPUS, BRINGING DOWN THE BARRIERS, FROM CARE TO CURE, HELP US SOLVE THE CRUEL MYSTERY, LFA-POINT, LUPUS AMERICA, LUPUS FOUNDATION OF AMERICA, LUPUS FOUNDATION OF AMERICA, INC., LUPUS FOUNDATION OF AMERICA CENTER FOR CLINICAL TRIALS EDUCATION, LUPUS NOW, LUPUS: LEARN FROM THE EXPERTS, LUPUS: LEARNING AND LIVING, LUPUS VOICES ACROSS AMERICA, NATIONAL RESOURCE CENTER ON LUPUS, WALK FOR LUPUS NOW, WALK TO END LUPUS NOW, WORLD LUPUS DAY, LFA-REAL, LUPUS SCIENCE & MEDICINE, SMARTER RESEARCH. FASTER PROGRESS., MAKE YOUR MARK! and all associated stylized logos. All rights are reserved. The Foundation’s trademarks may not be reproduced or posted on other websites without written permission from an authorized official of the Foundation’s National Office.
When you submit or post content to any part of our website, where such content might be viewable by the public (e.g. posting to our message boards, forums, chats, Ask the Experts, Lupus Voices Across America, etc.), you agree that your post is non-confidential for all purposes. Any submission to our website becomes and remains the property of the Foundation. You grant the Foundation a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide non exclusive license to publish, use, reproduce, include in other works, modify, translate, or display your content in any media or medium.
By using any of our websites, you agree that you will not post information or material, or links to information that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. You further agree that you will not post any copyrighted material without the express permission of the copyright holder, unless such copyright is owned by you. Advertisements, promotional materials, junk mail, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are prohibited.